When is the best time to book a hotel?
Much has been said about best time to buy a ticketBut what about the best date to book the hotel? In our eternal search for the Holy Grail (that is, the most economical and wonderful flight + accommodation combination possible), we try to find an answer.
The best time to book your hotel is… © Belmond La Residencia
To carry out our investigations, we rely on Two studios of two great search engines, Trivago and TripAdvisor. According to the first, carried out taking into account the months of January to December and the prices of 2013 and 2014 in Germany, Spain, France, Italy and the United Kingdom, the ideal time to pay for the room usually takes place one month before our entry date, regardless of the season or the time of the year.
In fact, their statistics indicate that There is very little difference between booking two months in advance and doing it the same day of arrival, which is undoubtedly extraordinary news for those who prefer to decide their fate on the fly. They also warn that it does not compensate to do it more than two months in advance, because prices will be higher.
However, according to the same study, this conclusion is not universally applicable: it depends on the country in which we want to stay. In this way, in Spain is where you have to be more foresight, as the peak of savings occurs between four and seven weeks before entry. It is followed by Italy, whose best date to book ranges between three and six weeks in advance, United Kingdom (four and five), Germany (three and four) and France (between two and five weeks).
Sometimes, booking well in advance does not ensure better prices © Alamy Stock Photo
THE WORLD OVERVIEW
TripAdvisor, for its part, decides to analyze all hotel data from April 2014 to February 2016, focusing on the Summer Vacation, and considers that the best time to book a room depends entirely on the destination. Thus, for example, in Europe, this date is situated between three and five months before arriving. During this time window (enormously wide), the search engine indicates that you can get a price up to 23% more advantageous (comparing it with the highest point the room will reach for summer dates).
In the United States, it seems that hotel prices remain more stable, so that the saving is not so great (round 7%) even if it is reserved on the date indicated as more advantageous, two months in advance. ANDn South America, however, you will have to take out the card up to four months before to achieve a 20% savings, although the study referred to by TripAdvisor also warns that, if you wait for the weeks just before your arrival date, You can get an advantage of between 2 and 4% more.
In Asia, on the other hand, it would be best to anticipate about three months to achieve savings similar to that of Europe. However, if you decide to wait a little longer, you should know that prices fall even more in the two weeks prior to the date of your trip. For Africa and Oceania, it is best to book five months before, saving by doing so 21 and 19% respectively.
To stay at a good price in New York just book two months before © Alamy Stock Photo
As all these valuations are somewhat generic, the search engine has done a study segmenting the prices of the most tourist destinations During the summer, it will help you, at least, to get an idea of whether you do well to wait until the last moment or to have it all tied and well tied weeks before leaving:
· Bangkok - Three months in advance: Up to 16% savings
· Barcelona - Two to seven months in advance: Up to 27% savings
· Peking - Two to six months in advance: Up to 16% savings
· Berlin - Two to five months in advance: Up to 33% savings
· Buenos Aires - From one to four months in advance: Up to 19% savings
· Cancun - Two to four months in advance: Up to 16% savings
· Cape Town - Three months in advance: Up to 13% savings
· Dubai - Two months in advance: Up to 40% savings
· Dublin - Two to five months in advance: Up to 14% savings
· Hanoi - Three months in advance: Up to 16% savings
· Istanbul - Five months in advance: Up to 29% savings
· Jakarta - Three months in advance: Up to 39% savings
· London - Three to five months in advance: Up to 18% savings
· Marrakech - Four months in advance: Up to 28% savings
· Moscow - Four to seven months in advance: Up to 55% savings
· Bombay - Three months in advance: Up to 17% savings
· New York - Two to four months in advance: Up to 25% savings
· Orlando - From one to four months in advance: Up to 10% savings
· Paris - Four months in advance: Up to 32% savings
· Prague - Two to five months in advance: Up to 33% savings
· River - Three to five months in advance: Up to 11% savings
· Rome - Three to five months in advance: Up to 32% savings
· Singapore - Two weeks to five months in advance: Up to 26% savings
· Sydney - Five months in advance: Up to 34% savings
· Tokyo - Two to five months in advance: Up to 31% savings
There are many data, but if necessary we will learn them by heart by sleeping in places like this © The Langham